April 21, 2010

The Birthday Boy!




Yesterday was T.J.'s birthday...it was a big one...he turned 30! I'd been thinking about what do for him for quite some time, tossed around some ideas with friends and nearly booked a surprise getaway. But with work schedules and timing not being on our side I had to go with something that he wouldn't expect and what I knew he'd get excited about. Perhaps we're seeing a theme here, because our first year of marriage I bought him all new snowboarding gear...then this year with the Kayak...it's all about this boy's toys. :) I just love him!

3 comments:

Periwinkle Jen said...

Jodi! You are so cool! I love HOW you did that. What a great idea. I'm sure TJ loves his gift. What a fun thing to get.

Joan S. said...

Ditto to Jen's comment--very cool gift, and presented in a very cool way. I think TJ is going to have a great time with his kayak. Think he'll bring it on Family Vacation?

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah I love my gift and my wife is awesome. I plan to bring it to the beach this year. One of the reasons Jodi bought the kayak she did is because I can bring the kids in it with me.